Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On the third of this month I came home from work and Skye was looking absolutely miserable. Brandon said all she would do is cuddle with him. This was strange considering that she never cuddles. I guess she had a slight fever. But SUPER DAD had it all under control. He gave her a luke warm bath to drop her temperature and by the time I got home Brandon said she was looking ten times better. That was a rough day, she looked so pitiful. On Sunday, I started feeling sick. My head was congested, and I had a runny nose. I thought it might be my allergies until later that night. We went to dinner at Brandon's parents house and my body became extremely achy. Debbie said I probably had the flu. By Monday Skye was all smiles and I became extremely ill. Then Tuesday Brandon was showing signs and later that week his mom said she was not feeling well. Now we feel better, but the bug is now with my little sister Mary. Poor girl.

Mother's Day

This week went a whole lot better. The baby and I prepared ourselves for Mother's Day.

We took out the materials that we needed and went right to work making cards for both Grandmas.


We planned to have the whole family over on Saturday, so Brandon and John went shopping for supplies. Saturday was quite a busy one day. I started by taking the moms to get massages while Brandon began in the kitchen. He started at about ten and people showed up throughout the morning, but we were not ready to eat till about five. In the end, things turned out great.It was nice to have both sides of the family around to share in the festivities. The children ran around and played together and the adults joked and visited with each other.

At the end of the night we ate pie and ice cream. Boy was it delicious. Then we gave the moms some more gifts.


They seemed to really like the cards that Skye had made them.

And of course, we can not forget what my most perfect husband got me.

An ice cream machine. To add, he vowed to always make me ice cream too. Sweet!!!

It was a wonderful night. And everybody seemed to have enjoyed themselves. I just can't wait until we can do it again.

No comments: